Ninu industry ere Yoruba, Antar Laniyan je oruko nla ti gbogbo eeyan fe diro mo. Antar Laniyan je ogbontarigi osere ti gbogbo awon adari ere si n fe ki o ma wa ninu ere won ni gbogbo igba nitori bi ose ma n se daadaa ninu ipa ti won ba fun. Looto, Ipinle osun ni idile oba ni Antar Laniyan ti wa sugbon ipinle eko ni won bii si. O si dagba si ogba awon soja ti o je ki Antar Laniyan ni ife si ise awon soja ki o to lo si ile iwe giga University Ibadan lati ka theatre arts… Antar Laniyan jo ko fun iforowanilenu wo pely GBOLAHAN Adetayo ti o si soro nipa ise re, ife ati ile aye re… e ka die ninu iforowanilenu wo naa…

What was the attraction when you met her?

That is another aspect of Antar, I am a very shy person. In those days, I couldn’t ask women out. I and Araosan were sitting together at the National Theater Lagos and I saw a lady going in to watch a film and I told Araosan that this babe is beautiful, he said you that you don’t know how to toast, go and sit down. I never knew, he just stood up and approached her on my behalf and when he came back, he said the babe you said you want is very tough. She said even though you are Antar Laniyan the star, can’t you come by yourself. I saw that as a challenge and I walked up to her when she finished watching the film. I told her that you said can’t I come myself? She said ,yes because if you are man enough, you should walk up to a woman and ask her out, not that you will send a messenger. That was all. She later found out that I am a shy person.

How does your wife cope with the pressure of seeing you going to locations at all times?

The thing is that she knew I was into acting before she married me. She wanted me to achieve because I remember that time when she complained about a movie I did that I played the role of a husband and a woman played the role of my wife, it got to a point where we had to hug ourselves. We did, but when the film came out, my wife was saying you didn’t hug and kiss her very well, I said really? Don’t worry. That is why I will say I have her support. She said I didn’t do it right because I was trying to guard myself. She said it is my job and I have to do it right..

Did you work anywhere before?

Not at all. I got married so late because I got married to acting. I didn’t even remember until when it was getting late for my mum that she had to untie her headgear and say look at my head, what is the problem with you? I didn’t remember that I had to get married.

You don’t produce movies like others, why?

It is because you know that when you spend heavily on a movie and you take it to Arena, no matter the amount you must have spent on it, they are going to buy it less than half a million. To me, that doesn’t make sense. So, I will just sit and pick up scripts from those who need my service. I have hope that someday things will change. Stage play will resurface. For example, our mothers who come on a visit from the village, you buy several films for them to watch but now, that mama will tell you don’t buy films because Africa Magic is there. That means that they are not going to buy films again. And Africa Magic has a certain amount that they will buy your film. And they will not even take rubbish from you. The hope now is that, if cable TV like Africa Magic are everywhere and they say bring soaps, bring 52 episodes. If they think you are doing well they ask for more. If they are paying you N30,000 per episodes, by the time you multiply it to that 2, you will know what you have at hand. If they are showing it every day, that calls for more and all that. That is the only hope I believe we still have.

Having spent more than 3 decades in the industry, would you say you are fulfilled?

If you ask me  have I achieved happiness,  I will say yes but monetarily no. Then, Yoruba adage says “Owa Owolo, Opade Iyi Lona”, meaning even if you have the money is it not to earn yourself a respect? That doesn’t mean that someone appreciates what you are doing and I won’t I appreciate him in return.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ATumo Gbogbo Oro

LARA AWON FIDIO WA TO DANGAJIA JU LOSE YII

E BAWA SORO LORI INSTAGRAM

•  YONBO ANABI
    3 days ago by orisuntv Ẹ YONBO ANABI _______
  • Related
    3 days ago by orisuntv Related
  • Related
    3 days ago by orisuntv Related
  • Related
    4 days ago by orisuntv Related
  • Related
    6 days ago by orisuntv Related
  • RamadanKareem  Ramadhan 1439AH DAY 27 Its not too late
    6 days ago by orisuntv  #RamadanKareem  - Ramadhan 1439AH ✨DAY  #2 ⃣7⃣✨ *It's not too late to go for itikhaf* Al-Bukhaari narrated that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) vowed to spend one night in i’tikaaf in al-Masjid al-Haraam, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told him to fulfil his vow. Reference: al-Bukhaari 2042 Muslim 1656 This hadith indicates that it is valid to observe *i'tikaaf for one night or day*. ✅So, if you still intend on reviving/practing this great Sunnah, its *never too late!!!* Pray: Our Lord! Bestow on us endurance and make our foothold sure and
  • KU J IBI oooo!! alagatoposh Igba dun dun kan ni
    1 week ago by orisuntv ẸKU ỌJỌ IBI oooo!!  @alagatoposh  Igba Ọdun. Ọdun kan ni o
  • Related
    2 weeks ago by orisuntv Related
  • iroyinNiSoki  gbni ti  n wo yii ti Ku
    2 weeks ago by orisuntv  #iroyinNiSoki  - Ọgbẹni ti ẹ n wo yii ti Ku oooo.. Ni Igba Aye rẹ, O jẹ Ọga ni Ileeṣẹ PHCN. A gbọ wipe awọn eniyan kan ni wọn sọọ lokuta pa ni ilu Ọta ti ipinlẹ Ogun - Ẹkunrẹrẹ iroyin naa wa ni WWW.ORISUN.TV
  • Repost from kingbuilderlimited using RepostRegramApp  SMART INVESTORS BOUGHT THE
    2 weeks ago by orisuntv Repost from  @kingbuilderlimited  using  @RepostRegramApp  - SMART INVESTORS BOUGHT THE OLD GRA IKEJA IN THE EARLY 70's SMARTER INVESTORS BOUGHT THE OLD VI AND IKOYI IN THE EARLY 80's SMARTEST INVESTORS BOUGHT THE PRESTIGIOUS LEKKI PHASE 1 IN THE MID 90's THOUGH IT WAS SAID TO BE "WATERLOGGED" TODAY, THEIR SMARTNESS HAS PAID OFF BECAUSE THEY ARE REAPING FROM THEIR INVESTMENTS THAT'S WORTH MORE THAN 5000% APPRECIATION. WHY DONT YOU JOIN THE SMART INVESTOR AND OWN A PLOT OF LAND AT ORISUN ESTATES EPE. FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN ALSO AVAILABLE Contact Us today  @kingbuilderlimited   @kbhomeplan  to help you become a landlord
  • AworanLoriOrisun  TANI E FERAN JU? A B C TABI
    2 weeks ago by orisuntv  #AworanLoriOrisun  - TANI E FERAN JU? A, B C TABI D?
  • OrisunNews iroyinLoriOrisun   gb nnkan ti gbni hehu Sani
    2 weeks ago by orisuntv  #OrisunNews   #iroyinLoriOrisun  - Ẹ gbọ nnkan ti Ọgbẹni Ṣhehu Sani sọ nipa awọn ti o n ṣe ijọba lọwọ-lọwọ - Ẹkunrẹrẹ iroyin naa wa ni WWW.ORISUN.TV -  #OrisunTV   #Ijoba   #Carpenter   #Frame   #Change
  • iroyinNiSoki  AKWE GB APC TI K IWE IFISIL oooo!!
    2 weeks ago by orisuntv  #iroyinNiSoki  - AKỌWE ẸGBẸ APC TI KỌ IWE IFIṢẸSILẸ oooo!! - Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu, ti o jẹ akọwe fun National Convention Committee ri ẹgbẹ All Progressives Congress (APC), ti fun ẹgbẹ naa ni iwe ifiṣẹsilẹ - Ifiposilẹ naa waye gẹgẹ bii aba ti akọwe sinetọ naa Godson Amadikwa ti o wipe fifiṣẹsilẹ naa wa fun igbeleke ẹgbẹ naa ni ilu Imo a Ẹkunrẹrẹ lori Iroyin naa wa ni Ẹrọ Ayelujara wa gẹgẹbi Iṣe wa. -  #NEWS   #IMO   #lagos   #APC
  • IroyinLoriOrisun  gbni Small Doctor ni wn ti kede loni
    2 weeks ago by orisuntv  #IroyinLoriOrisun  - Ọgbẹni Small Doctor ni wọn ti kede loni Ọjọ Ẹti wipe oun naa ti darapọ mọ awọn Aṣoju Ileeṣẹ naa - Ololufẹ ORISUN ati  @iam_smalldoctor , Ẹ Kii ku Oriire naa o!!
  • AworanLoriOrisun  TANI O WA NINU AWORAN YII? KINI NNKAN
    2 weeks ago by orisuntv  #AworanLoriOrisun  - TANI O WA NINU AWORAN YII? KINI NNKAN TI Ẹ FẸRAN NIPA RẸ? KINI Ẹ KO FẸRAN NIPA RẸ? -  #Barbie   #Orisun   #OrisunTV
  • Related